Credit cards are great things to have. They allow the card holder to spend as they please. Some cards also allow the holder to gain points or get cash back, which are both great benefits. Unfortunately, when one can not pay the whole amount each month, they get into revolving debt. Pay off ones credit card monthly. Having too much credit card debt is an issue and should be remedied quickly. Put 1/4 of ones income towards paying off debt as is prescribed in the quadruple budget. 1/4 of a monthly income of $2000 is $500. After this is done, cutting the card up is recommended by some experts. And the way one should cut up their credit card is by cutting it diagonally, from corner to corner. After the debt from that card is paid off, it can be cut up.
Be sure to choose and keep one credit or two cards for emergencies or for reoccurring monthly bills. Things like phone, gym, and internet subscriptions and things like that would go under this heading. Keep one credit card, but, cancel and cut up the rest of the credit cards diagonally.
Credit card debt is cut diagonally. First, cut the debt in half, then, cut that amount in half. Finally, pay off the rest of it.
This is what it looks like:
1. Take out a actual credit card.
2. Write the amount owed right on the card. For example: If one owes $1000, actually write $1000 on the credit card with a permanent marker.
3. Take a pair of scissors and cut the credit card diagonally, from corner to corner. By cutting the card diagonally, one can cut the credit card debt in half. The $1000 is cut in half which is $500. $500 is the first months credit card payment.
4. Once again, cut the credit card diagonally from corner to corner, which cuts the debt in half again. Half of $500 is $250 and is the second months payment. So now the actual, physical credit card should be in four triangles.
5. Finally, the third and final payment is the remaining $250 left over.
So for a $1000 credit card payment, the first month is $500, the second month is $250, and the third month is $250 and the whole card is paid off. Save the triangle pieces if one wants. Diagonal.